Dragons' Den Challenge
- Are you a budding entrepreneur?
- Do you have an innovative concept or business idea?
- Want to win £500 to make your idea a reality?
If so, complete one of our simple application forms detailing the idea behind the concept and how you plan to progress it.
Completed entries are returned to the Council where we will evaluate them and choose the top 10 to attend a series of ‘Master Classes’ supported by external advisors who will help you develop your concepts into marketable products or services.
The competition concludes with the opportunity to present your product to a panel of expert judges, the winning concept will receive a £500 reward to refine and help commercialise their product.
- The programme will give you the opportunity to:
- Try out innovative alternatives, predict potential outcomes and make reasoned decisions
- Research competing and conflicting markets
- Evaluate and refine your product
- Deal with the many pressures of a business environment including deadlines and conflict management
- Listen and respond to your target audience using various media streams
- Receive and deliver constructive support and feedback
What’s in it for me ?
- Identify a business opportunity
- Identify solutions
- Analyse and judge ideas and information
- Effective time and resource management
- Risk management
- Creative idea generation
- Explore possibilities
- Develop your communication and presentation skills
- Develop your negotiation skills
Interested in finding out more?
How much will this cost me? - Nothing, our Dragons’ Den Challenge is free of charge.
Are there any hidden costs? - You will be responsible for making your own local transport arrangements.
How much time is required to complete the challenge? - The initial ‘ideas’ will be generated during a pre-arranged group session. The group sessions and final pitching event will last approx. 2 hours each.
Full details and applications are available from:
or tel: 028 9049 4542
PDF poster available here:
Closing date for Applications 19th October 2012 at 4pm